Published Texts and Articles
- Co-Author, Georgia Appellate Practice,
- Eminent Domain in
Georgia Jurisprudence (2d Ed.,
- Jury Instructions, Ch. 10 of
GTLA Trial Practice Manual,
2005-present (5th-8th editions).
- Eminent Domain in 2
Ch. 19, pp. 245-455, Lawyers Coop. Publ. (now Thompson-West) 1995.
- Reading Law in Georgia,
available online at http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2520296 (SSRN, 2014).
- A Lawyer’s Ethical Obligations
When the Client’s Creditors Claim a Share of the Tort Settlement
Proceeds, 39 Tort Trial
& Ins. Practice L.J. 121 (Fall, 2003).
Valder Law Offices v. Keenan Law Firm,
212 Ariz. 244, 129 P.3d 966 n.13 (2006);
Attorney Grievance Comm. of Md. v. Stolarz,
379 Md. 387, 842 A.2d 42 (2004).
- A Better Orientation For Jury Instructions, 54
Mercer L. Rev. 1 (2002), in Mercer's
Norfolk Southern Ry. v. Sorrell,
549 U.S. 158, 180 n.2 (2007) (Ginsburg, J., concurring);
Imperial Foods Supply, Inc. v. Purvis,
260 Ga. App. 614, 617 n.8 (2003);
State of Wisconsin v. Hubbard,
742 N.W.2d 893, par. 19 (Wis. App. 2007);
State of Maryland v. Smith,
374 Md. 527 n.16, 823 A.2d 664 (2003);
The "Plain English" Project of the Alabama Pattern Jury Instructions
Committee - Civil,
68 Ala. Lawyer 369 n.14 (Sept. 2007).
- A Critical Review of the Law of Business Loss Claims in Georgia
Eminent Domain Jurisprudence, 51
Mercer L. Rev. 11 (1999).
City of Janesville v. CC Midwest, Inc.,
302 Wis.2d 599, 734 N.W.2d 428 (2007).
- Reforming Jury Instructions,
The Verdict, Spring 2012,
- Special Legislation,
The Verdict, Summer 2009,
- Appearance, Reality and Product Safety,
The Verdict, Spring 2009,
Instructions on Trial, Calendar Call,
p. 12 (Spring 2008).
- Where Do We Stand After Sereboff?,
New Lawyers Division Newsletter, Fall 2006.
Could Kelo happen here?, Smart Business Atlanta, December 2005, p. 22.
Eminent domain strategies, Smart Business Atlanta, August 2005, p. 22.
Ethical Considerations in Settlement Fund Disbursements and Third-Party
Calendar Call, Winter, 2003, p. 5.
“Physical Precedent” Under Court of Appeals Rule 33(a),
The Appellate Review,
- Complete Compensation Comes Full Circle,
The Verdict, Winter 1999,
- Contributor to Condemnation Decisions, Survey of 1997-1998,
for 1998 ABA Annual Meeting of
Real Property Division (8/3/98).
- Contributor to Macon Bar’s Professionalism Efforts,
Georgia Bar Journal,
December 1997, p. 74.
- Co-author of Wrongful Death Damages for Decedents with Limited
Earning Capacities, The
Verdict, January 1993, p. 24.
- Compiler and publisher of a
summary of recent cases
in each edition of the Macon Bar newsletter since 1986.
See also Seminar Presentations for additional printed materials.